In the development of the IT industry in the Košice region cluster Košice IT Valley plays an important role. The association was established in 2007 as a joint initiative of educational institutions, government and leading IT companies. In 2012 it was transformed into the cluster. In 2015 the cluster was certified for “Cluster Management Excellence Label GOLD” as the first in central Europe and is one of three certified clusters in the area of information and communication technologies.
It currently has 53 members.
Main activities of the cluster:
- Motivation of children and youth to study and later to work in the Information Technologies and Robotics
- Improving the quality of IT training programs offered by universities, high and elementary schools and IT businesses.
- Supporting all forms of cooperation and innovation.
- Preparation and implementation of joint scientific – research projects and providing consultancy in this area.
- Support the cooperation of members internally and cooperation of cluster with other organizations on national and international level.
- Elaboration of analyses, studies and prognoses of the further development of region and society.